There are good days and bad days. Sometimes I wake up feeling refreshed and optimistic about the day. Other times I wake up fatigued and full of dread of another full day at home.
I am extremely fortunate. I have a paycheck, shelter, food, and medicine and I try my best not to complain. But I am still struggling to cope with my anxiety and depression. I have found that these reminders help me regain perspective.
Important Reminders When The Pandemic Becomes Overwhelming
- This is only temporary, as all things are
- The difficult emotion will pass
- The anxiety and depressive feelings will pass
- The hard day will pass
- The stay at home orders will pass
- Humanity will adapt to the changes caused by this pandemic, whether the changes are temporary or long term
- There is no right way to feel
- All emotions are valid. Feel them completely and do not push away. They are an important part of the journey and will pass in their own time.
- Nature is healing
- Even five minutes in the fresh air can provide new perspective
- Friends and loved ones are still near
- Don’t hesitate to text, call, or set up a video chat. This is not neediness. The necessity of connection is inherent in all humanity.
- Love is never leaving
I hope you will keep these reminders close to you as you navigate this difficult terrain.
May you be safe. May you be healthy and strong. May you live with joy and ease.