Another week of staying home is coming to an end, and it is still unclear when the stay-at-home order will be lifted.
My anxiety and depression symptoms are still present, but they have eased a bit. I am learning to ride the waves of emotions that come with isolation.
I have accepted that my life will likely be different for quite some time, and this no longer fills me with anger and sadness. It is time to move forward, day by day, moment by moment. I will not stop pursing wellness and joy.
With the growing acceptance of my new circumstances, I have begun to notice all the things in my life I am grateful for. I will share my list with you, and encourage you to write one of your own. Feeling gratitude is a wonderful way to fill your heart with love and hope.
I am grateful for:
- Sunshine and the fresh breeze
- Feeling the sun on my face and the fresh air filling my lungs always renews my spirit
- The birds that sing out my window are a reminder to become grounded once again in the here and now
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- Sending my love out into the world reminds me that we are all connected
- Hearing the voices and seeing the faces of loved ones gives me courage and hope
- My cat Minnie
- Being able to love and nurture another being is such an honor and joy
- A mindful sip of tea is such a comfort
Please feel free to share what you are thankful for in the comments.
Wishing you safety, strength, health, and a life of joy and ease.